Dear Community group. 19th October 2017
The New Seniors Alert Scheme was recently launched by Minister Michael Ring TD, Minister for Rural and Community Development in Third Age Foundation in Summerhill, Co. Meath. Please see link here to the Ministers press release.
We will shortly be running information sessions on the New Seniors Alert Scheme to inform all community groups of the benefits and improvements to the scheme and enhancements to the online portal. You can register for these information sessions here
Below is a high level summary of the main changes to the Scheme effective from the 1st November 2017.
1. Widening of the eligibility criteria: Persons age 65 or older and living alone, living with another person who meets the eligibility criteria, living alone for significant periods of time during the day, or is a carer to someone else in their household;
2. Changes to the lot structure, now 7 lots by county boundaries, some changes to suppliers.
3. First year monitoring is free from the 1st November.
4. Administration payment to organisations to include a small increase.
5. Basis of administration payment to change.
6. Changes to the terms and conditions.
7. Additional guidance and support relating to Garda vetting legislation will be provided under the scheme.
Only applications submitted after the 1st of November will be in a position to avail of the above changes.
Some enhancements are needed to the SAS portal to accommodate the above improvements to the scheme and therefore, it will be necessary to take the system off line from Tuesday 24th October 5.00pm until Wednesday 1st November 9.30a.m.
During the system down time, priority installations will be managed by using a paper based system and on a case-by-case basis.
We look forward to meeting you at the information sessions in November/December and grateful for you continued participation in the Seniors Alert Scheme.